2D image of Dudley's Chapel in Sudlersville, Maryland.
Dudley's Chapel is a historic Methodist church located at Sudlersville, Queen Anne's County, Maryland. It was built in 1783 and is a simple brick structure with a moderately pitched gable roof. A coat of stucco was added in 1883, covering all of the original brickwork. The chapel has a prominent place in the early history of the Methodist Church in Maryland. It is one of the earliest surviving Methodist churches in Maryland, and was the first Methodist church built in Queen Anne's County. Many of the prominent early leaders of the Methodist Church are known to have preached both at Dudley's including Francis Asbury, Thomas Coke, Richard Whatcoat, Jesse Lee, and Freeborn Garrettson.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
December 31st, 2014
Viewed 440 Times - Last Visitor from Wilmington, DE on 12/11/2023 at 10:55 AM